When I received news of the new Ice Lounge at the Four Seasons George V Hotel last month, I was eager to go and checkout this exotic sounding venue.
American Jeff Leatham, the Artistic Director of the hotel, who also designs the opulent weekly floral decorations, has created a winter wonderland of evergreen trees and dramatic blue-mirrored penguins in the garden courtyard. The actual lounge is sculpted completely out of ice and the temperature stands at -15C/5F. BRRRR! My friend and I had no idea how cold it was inside the lounge and I was instantly frozen even wearing a down coat and a heavy sweater and my friend fared worse, as she was wearing a light coat and sleeveless dress, looking tres chic for our rendezvous. We loved the space with its blue lighting, carved ice bar and ice sofas with fur throws on them and felt as though we were in a cool cocktail lounge in Antarctica instead of in the middle of Paris. After shivering in our boots for about two minutes, we couldn’t stand up to the cold anymore and opted for a more civilized locale, a seating area in the courtyard. A cup of hot chocolate took the chill out of me and my friend enjoyed a refreshing cocktail made with ginger beer.
We later found out there’s a small hut, which provides FUSALP parkas to insulate us in the Ice Lounge.
The hotel chefs Christian Le Squer, David Bizet and Simone Zanoni have created a special cocktail and light food menu including fresh crepes.
After our arctic experience, we toured the lobby, taking in the fabulous Christmas decorations.
Ice Lounge at Four Seasons George V Hotel
Open daily till March 2017
31 Avenue George V, 75008
Metro: George V
Perfect Holiday Gift: Eye Prefer Paris Photos
I am happy to announce a new series of Eye Prefer Paris photos for sale just in time for the holidays. Give the gift of Paris to for your Francophile friends, relatives, colleagues and co-workers.
- I’ve listed 20 new photos on my Etsy page for easy shopping.
- Photo prints come in two sizes, 8”X10”, $35 each plus shipping and 11”X14”, $50 each, plus shipping.
- They are printed on Fuji crystal Archive metallic paper with rich satin gloss finish and are unsigned and unframed.
- Shipping is $6 per photo in continental U.S. and shipping time is 3-5 days via USPS.
- I can also ship them UPS or Fedex for an extra charge.
- If you are ordering photos as a gift, I can write a personal note card if you send me your text.
Click here to see full selection of images.
Below are some sample images.