I am ecstatic to finally announce the long awaited launch of Eye Prefer New York Tours. After 3 years of leading hundreds of Eye Prefer Paris Tours, I have decided to also share my special New York, my birthplace and home before I moved to Paris five years ago. My good friend Sherry Jo Williams, a dynamic, vivacious southern gal who is every bit as fun as me (I know it's hard to believe) will be leading the tours.
Eye Prefer New York Tours will focus on 3 unique downtown neighborhoods Meatpacking district and Chelsea, Union Square, and Soho. Just like my Paris tours, clients will experience unique and out of the way shops, important architecture, specialty food stores, and museums & galleries of New York. Here are just a few truly New York things clients will discover:
- An authentic New York Jewish gourmet shop & deli with freshly baked bagels, traditional smoked fish, and house-made chopped liver
- New York City’s newest, scenic park, built on an abandoned, elevated railroad track, featuring magnificent views of the Hudson River
- Designer bargains at NY’s headquarters for discounted Fashion, Accessories and Shoes
- A specialty Food Market featuring fresh-caught seafood and lobster, customized cookies and decadent brownies, and award-winning local cheese and wine. Also visit the premier source for professional restaurant and cooking supplies in the city
- Tree-lined rows of land-marked 1930’s red brick townhouses and historic Italianate brownstones from the 1860′s
- The epicenter of international, contemporary furniture and design and NY’s newest art Museums
Tours cost $195 for three hours for up to 3 people and $65 for each additional person. Sherry Jo looks forward to meeting you so you can take a bite out of the Big Apple you will never forget!
New! Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes
I am happy to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes. Come take an ethnic culinary journey with me and chef and caterer Charlotte Puckette, co-author of the bestseller The Ethnic Paris Cookbook (with Olivia Kiang-Snaije). First we will shop at a Paris green-market for the freshest ingredients and then return to Charlotte’s professional kitchen near the Eiffel Tower to cook a three-course lunch. After, we will indulge in the delicious feast we prepared along with hand-selected wines.
Cost: 185 euros per person (about $240)
Time: 9:30AM- 2PM (approximately 4 1/2 hours)
Location: We will meet by a metro station close to the market
Class days: Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Minimum of 2 students, maximum 6 students.
Click here to sign up for the next class or for more info.
I am pleased as punch to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Tours, which are 3-hour walking tours I will personally be leading. The Eye Prefer Paris Tour includes many of the places I have written about such as small museums & galleries, restaurants, cafes & food markets, secret addresses, fashion & home boutiques, parks, and much more.
Tours cost 195 euros for up to 3 people, and 65 euros for each additional person. I look forward to meeting you on my tours and it will be my pleasure and delight to show you my insiders Paris.
Check it out at www.eyepreferparistours.com