And the winners of the Eye Prefer Paris Quiz #2 are ...........
Linda Ault and Anne from the blog Just Another American in Paris. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who took the time to answer the questions. I will have another contest or quiz in September.
The correct answers are below.
1. What is the name of the man who I went with on the Champagne tour?(2008)
D. George Clooney
2. What is the name of the chocolate shop in the 9th arr. with the chocolate bars from Lyon and the name of the woman that owns the shop?(2009)
A. La Maison du Chocolate, Madame Ruiz
B. Jean Paul Hevin, Madame Bourgeois
C. A Tale of Two Cities, Madame DeFarge
D. A l’Etoile d’Or, Madame Acabo
3. What’s the name of the huge, fabulous emporium with a used bookshop, Annick Goutal perfume bar, house wares, furniture, and children's clothing? (2009)
4. Where was I a guest of honor?(2007)
A. Hotel de Ville
B. American Library
C. Patricia Laplante Collins Paris Soirees
D. Friars Club New York
5. What foreign country did I visit and write two posts about?(2006)
7. What cemetery did I visit with Mary and Phil from Cincinnati and what famous grave was there?(2009)
A. Père Lachaise, Jim Morrison
B. Russian Orthodox Cemetery, Rudolf Nureyev
C. Montparansse, Jean Paul Sartre
D. Forest Hill Cemetery, Elvis Presley
8. What famous Paris church did I go to with Polly (Sundays with Polly & Richard) that I had never visited before? (2008)
A Notre Dame
B. Church where Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker preached
C. St. Eustache
D. Saint Chapelle
9. What upscale outdoor market where Catherine Deneuve shops at did I visit? (2006)
A. Richard Lenoir
B. Marche Aligre
C. Farmers Market, Los Angeles
D. Raspail Bio Market
10. What Parisian of the Month is the events producer for the Mairie (city hall) of the 6th Arr. and organized a picnic for elderly women in Jardin du Luxembourg? (2008)
A. Isabel Huppert
B. Edith Lecoq
C. Eva Gele
D. Susan Shup
New! Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes
I am happy to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes. Come take an ethnic culinary journey with me and chef and caterer Charlotte Puckette, author of the bestseller The Ethnic Paris Cookbook. First we will shop at a Paris green-market for the freshest ingredients and then return to Charlotte’s professional kitchen near the Eiffel Tower to cook a three-course lunch. After, we will indulge in the delicious feast we prepared along with hand-selected wines.
Cost: 185 euros per person (about $240)
Time: 9:30AM- 2PM (approximately 4 1/2 hours)
Location: We will meet by a metro station close to the market
Class days: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday
Minimum of 3 students, maximum 6 students.
Click here to sign up for the next class or for more info.
I am pleased as punch to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Tours, which are 3-hour walking tours I will personally be leading. The Eye Prefer Paris Tour includes many of the places I have written about such as small museums & galleries, restaurants, cafes & food markets, secret addresses, fashion & home boutiques, parks, and much more.
I look forward to meeting you on my tours and it will be my pleasure and delight to show you my insiders Paris.
Check it out at www.eyepreferparistours.com